Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Macromedia Coldfusion 5 and Apache 2.0.55

It seems that every post so far is about apache in so form or fashion, well it just so happens that is what I spend most of my time doing. Im also trying to compile all of the useful tips, tricks and code snippets that I have found into one place so that I can find them when I need them instead of having to thumb through a slightly "abused" notebook and hoping that its not in the other one that I use from time to time...

For reasons unbeknownst to me, I have been asked to install ColdFusion 5 on an Apache 2 box.
Normally something as simple as installing some software would not merit a blog post, let alone a set of instructions! However, Macromedia in their infinite wisdom decided to only support Apache 2 with Codfusion MX and newer.

You would think(hope) that it would just be a matter of copying the required modules from the macromedia site or from and existing MX installation but No, life is never that simple. What you really need to do is go and get the third party module from here (nextron.ch).
Just drop that into your Apache "Modules" directory and add the following lines to your httpd.conf

LoadModule coldfusion_module modules/mod_coldfusion.so
AddHandler type-coldfusion cfm dbm


Once this is done and you have restarted apache just load up your cfadministrator page (localhost/CFIDE/administrator) and you are laughing.

No comments: